PDA

View Full Version : Assigning Units to Parking

dpollard909366
2006-06-22, 12:43 PM
We have a project with assigned parking.

The parking space numbers are a constant, but the residential units assigned to them are not.

It is easy enough to assign just unit numbers as parameters to the spaces, but each of the residential units has a plethora of information that is attached to it (buyer name, closing date, special requests, etc.) Then if I have to change parking assignments I have to re-enter and manage all of this 'dumb' information.

Does anyone have ideas on how to make this work? One idea I had was to make a 'unit' family that contains types with all of the information. Then if I could find a way to make the parking component host the unit family, i might be able to make it work. I will try to play with nested families a bit.

any thoughts?

-dp

vanessa
2006-06-22, 01:26 PM
Good morning! Just an idea, but could you put the "dumb" information in the room tag (which is what I assume you are using to define your units, then make the parking stalls a piece of information in that tag? That way if the parking assignment changes, you just change the parking in the room tag, and all of the rest of the information stays. Just an idea.

dpollard909366
2006-06-22, 03:54 PM
Thanks Vanessa - I like your thinking. The problem still is that i need to extract that room 'unit' data into the parking tags. I am not sure if that is possible. I am starting to get confused.