PDA

View Full Version : X'ref Clipping

johnf.77896
2006-06-23, 02:24 PM
Is there anyway to keep the x'ref clipping when you link an Autocad (ADT 2007) drawing into your Revit (9) file? Other than putting it on a separate layer and importing it that way? We have large structural detail files created in Autocad that we would like to use in our Revit files. Short of recreating them all in Revit we would like to still have the ability to use the xclip feature in Autocad to isolate them in Revit.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

mccurdyks
2006-06-23, 03:24 PM
This doesn't really answer your question, but if you can, I would get away from linking in the files. From my experience, I've spent almost as much time managing linked files as I have on production. My situation is exacerbated by multiple offices, etc., but even in house it's not fun.

If these details are standards that won't change (or won't change oftem) and you don't want to spend the time making them true Revit entities, I'd suggest importing the DWG info into revit detail component families. That way Revit won't always try to update every time you open/STC, and you can control the look within Revit rather than jumping back and forth from Revit to Cad.