PDA

View Full Version : Can't see Level Marks on Elevation Viwes

sifuentes
2006-06-23, 06:14 PM
Hi. As stated, I can't see the levels on elevations nor sections. The category is turned on on all those views. At some point I could see them in one section, but now they are gone there too. I have enlarged the crop regions to a large extent, and still can't see them. They were not deleted, because al tough I don't have a plan view of all the levels, they still show on the Select Levels by name when pasting aligned. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

luigi
2006-06-23, 06:19 PM
It has to do with your 3d extents of the levels...somehow, somewhere they aren't intersecting your view....you could "maximize 3d extents" by finding "any" view showing the level. right mouse click the level and "maximize 3d extents" it should work..regardless, it should be the 3d extents of the level not intersecting the view situation... Hope all goes well in finding the problem...unless you have worksets?

Take care,
Luigi

sifuentes
2006-06-23, 06:34 PM
Forgot to mention I am in 8.1. I am trying to do the "maximize 3d extents" right clicking on plan and elevation views, within the view and the project browser, but I don't get that option, and I don't see it greyed either. And if I have to right click on the level mark on an elevation or section view to do that, the problem is I can't see them anywhere.

Thanks,

luigi
2006-06-23, 06:47 PM
It is for 8.1 also...

See, I believe there is only one way you can figure it out...I would be surprised if it didn't work..but I may be missing something...

Choose one elevation (or create a new one) and make sure it doesn't have any far clip planes turned on....must be off...

When you go to that elevation view, you should be able to see the level...then right mouse click on the level and choose "maximize 3d extents" It's gotta work....but again, I may be missing something...

Let me know....and are you watching the world cup?

Luigi

luigi
2006-06-23, 06:48 PM
oooh...make sure that the elevation view has "no crop regions"... :)

sifuentes
2006-06-23, 11:10 PM
I turned off the far clip, and the levels became visible, then maximized 3d extents, and all is working now. Thanks Luigi.

jason.104359
2006-06-25, 04:30 AM
THANKIS LUIGI. I WAS HAVING SAME PROBLEM ONLY HOURS AFTER READING YOUR POST. MUST BE KARMA.

evan_atkinson_80773848
2018-10-10, 12:21 AM
Easiest solution - add a new level in any section view (temporary - do not host anything to this), right click to 'select all instances in project', then select 'maximise 3d extents'
super fast - no more headaches (don't forget to delete temporary level)