PDA

View Full Version : Inserting levels

patagoniadave
2006-06-24, 12:15 AM
Ok, this is really really embarrasing. I'm working away at the first tutorial in Revit, having a good ole time, whistling, loving all the cool new toys and I noticed I screwed up and left a floor level out. I figure no prob, this is Revit I'll just plunk one one in above the third level, and the roof and roof garden will pop up and I'll keep cruising along. Well, I got a new level to add, but the roof levels didn't move. I'm pretty sure there is a reaaaaal simple answer, especially because I can't find a similar question in the history here or at adesk, but it is eluding me. I know I can move the top two levels up and then add another level, but I am wondering if there is a more parametric way to "insert" a level and have the ones above know that they should scoot up a bit. I'm going to keep looking around and hope to not smack myself in the forehead. Thanks all.

patagoniadave
2006-06-24, 12:20 AM
ps, what is with the .115333 in my screen name? Thanks

narlee
2006-06-24, 12:43 PM
You can use the move tool to move a level or you can highlight and change the numerical elevation figure. These assuming the elements are referenced to the level you are adjusting. Also you can relate one level to another by dimensioning between the two and locking the dimension.

Does this help? Didn't quite understand the problem.

BTW, there is another "patagoniadave." That might be why someone added the suffix - no idea as to the choice.

sbrown
2006-06-24, 12:52 PM
Walls, roofs, floors and ceilings all ref. levels, so you need to click on your roof and check its properties and assign its base level to your new level, then attach the walls to the roof or modify their properties and set the top constraint to your new level.

patagoniadave
2006-06-24, 03:09 PM
Does this help? Didn't quite understand the problem.

Sorry, I posted over at adesks site a little more clearly, I was sleepy last night. I was basically looking for a tool that would bump all levels and components up when I inserted a new level, sort of like in excell when you add a row. I don't think there is one.

That other patagoofydave guy is me from back in the Zoog days. As soon as they merge the logins I'll erase that terrible picture and drop the 115333 suffix. Thanks for the help.

ajayholland
2006-06-27, 12:52 AM
Welcome back Dave!

~AJH

patagoniadave
2006-06-27, 12:35 PM
Welcome back Dave!

~AJH

many thanks!!!

aggockel50321
2006-06-27, 12:54 PM
Good to see you're still alive & kickin.

Where have you been?

narlee
2006-06-27, 02:49 PM
I was basically looking for a tool that would bump all levels and components up when I inserted a new level, sort of like in excell when you add a row. I don't think there is one.

I don't think Revit would know how much you want to move the other levels up, so I'm thinking the couple ways I posted above would do what you need.

J. Grouchy
2006-06-27, 03:50 PM
ps, what is with the .115333 in my screen name? Thanks
your user/member ID number. i think when you create an account it adds that number is as a suffix. not sure under what circumstances, though.