PDA

View Full Version : Question about Revit licensing

patricks
2006-06-26, 01:54 PM
From what I have understood so far, each license of Revit may be installed on two computers (such as one's office computer and his/her home computer). Well, we have 4 licenses at our office, but for a long time there were 2 licenses on 1 serial number, and 1 license each on 2 other serial numbers (so 3 total serial numbers). First of all, I want to know how that is possible to have more than one license on one serial number?

Well my boss and co-worker are wanting Autodesk to put all four licenses on one serial number (i.e. we would get only one CD upon each new major release). Again, how can this be possible? How would Autodesk keep track of what is being installed when and where if multiple licenses are one serial number?

Elmo
2006-06-26, 02:13 PM
As far as I understand it Patrick you can have more than 1 "licence" on a serial number. I have recently installed for a client an Autocad lt 2007 with licences off of 1 serial number. Autodesk should be able to detect if you are using a license more than is legal when you register the product.

TroyGates
2006-06-26, 04:47 PM
My Autodesk reseller recently combined all of our Autodesk products to single serial numbers. This includes Revit Series and VIZ. I think its an easier way to manage the subscriptions if all the licenses are under one serial number.

gibson.tim91884
2006-06-26, 05:15 PM
Talk to your reseller about a multi-seat standalone license. I think that's what you're after. You could also get a network license, but with only 4 seats, the extra cost is likely not worth it.

tc3dcad60731
2006-06-26, 07:03 PM
It is and is not a serial number. From Autodesks terminology it is a "group contract number" given only to those seats on subscription. So you can have 5 seats under a contract number and 3 seperate licensed seats for a total of 4 numbers but 8 seats of the software.