PDA

View Full Version : Copy Legend to another project?

Doug
2006-06-26, 05:21 PM
Can a legend be copied to another project?

Doug

Justin Marchiel
2006-06-26, 05:34 PM
I beleive that you can copy a legend from a sheet and past it into another project. not infront of revit so i can't rember but i think that it works, same for schedules. can you verify? Sorry if i lead you astray!

Justin

davidcobi
2006-06-26, 05:40 PM
You can copy and paste legend elements from one project to another but there is no Save To File for legend views like there is with drafting views and schedules.

Scott D Davis
2006-06-26, 05:42 PM
You must make a new "legend view" in your new project, and then go to the legend view that you want to copy. Grab all the legend components, and any text etc you may have placed, and copy and paste the contents of the old legend to the new legend.

Doug
2006-06-26, 10:05 PM
Thanks Guys!

Scot it worked like a charm!

ford347
2006-08-18, 05:09 PM
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a legend in a project in which you would like to have availiable to other projects, couldn't you just group the information or objects in the legend, name the group, and then save to file using the save groups feature? Then you could import from file using groups.

Josh

ford347
2006-08-18, 05:28 PM
I just tried my suggestion and I don't think it really saves you anything. I don't use groups much so I didn't quite know the process. I think I spent more time creating groups, renaming them, saving them out, making new legends in current project and importing than I would have if I would have just kept some windows open, create some new legends and copy/paste. Trial and error I guess!

Josh

david.metcalf
2006-08-18, 06:02 PM
Shoot,

I thought Legends as a view could be saved via File>Save to Library>Save Views.

But Drafting and Model Views can be saved to Library.

Oh well!
David