PDA

View Full Version : Visibility Parameter drop-down list menu does not display when selected

jakob_k
2006-06-26, 06:14 PM
hi,
this is probably easy to someone.

i created a dynamic block with a visibility parameter.
when selected (with grips) in the drawing, clicking on the list (little triangle) invokes last command and not a pull down list. any ideas?

karl

whdjr
2006-06-26, 06:28 PM
Do you have Dynamic Input turned on? If not try that.

jakob_k
2006-06-26, 06:50 PM
umm... not sure what you mean.

BrenBren
2006-06-26, 06:55 PM
umm... not sure what you mean.
Dynamic input shows your commands at your cursor; you can turn it on and off by clicking the DYN button in your status bar; although I'm not sure what effect that would have on your dynamic blocks.

I'm going to move this over to the Dynamic Block forum, perhaps one of the geniuses over there can give you a hand...

jakob_k
2006-06-26, 07:04 PM
hi,
i tried dynamic input and dynmode, both to no avail.

karl

Opie
2006-06-26, 07:37 PM
hi,
i tried dynamic input and dynmode, both to no avail.

karl
right or left click?

jakob_k
2006-06-26, 07:47 PM
i tried both, but left click is intended.
additionally, the alignment and the linear (with stretch) parameters are okay, just the visibility parameter.

and to make it worse, it works fine on one computer but not another. i compared all variables between the two and nothing stands out.

karl

Chris.N
2006-06-26, 08:07 PM
additionally, the alignment and the linear (with stretch) parameters are okay, just the visibility parameter.

and to make it worse, it works fine on one computer but not another. i compared all variables between the two and nothing stands out.

karlhow about POPUPS sysvar? what are your settings?

** nevermind, can't find info (yet) on what 'popup' command is. it is listed in new drawing after inserting a DB and selecting the lookup node. it does nothing on it's own

whdjr
2006-06-26, 08:10 PM
Can you post the drawing?

whdjr
2006-06-26, 08:12 PM
When you click on the triangle do it change to red?

Chris.N
2006-06-26, 08:18 PM

karlok, check your 'Options' and see if shortcut menus... option is checked as in attached....

jakob_k
2006-06-26, 08:20 PM
yes, on the machine that works. (everything as expected).
but no for the other machine, the grips just vanish and the last command (move, copy, zoom, whatever) is invoked.

karl

Chris.N
2006-06-26, 08:20 PM
Can you post the drawing?IMO, don't think he needs to for a 'works on one machine but not another' issue

Chris.N
2006-06-26, 08:21 PM
yes, on the machine that works. (everything as expected).
but no for the other machine, the grips just vanish and the last command (move, copy, zoom, whatever) is invoked.

karlcan you please reply using the 'quotes' option checked? what particular question is your answer responding to?

jakob_k
2006-06-26, 08:30 PM
yes, for the computer that works. (everything is as expected).
but no for the other machine. when the visibility parameter is selected, the grips vanish and the last command (move, copy, zoom, whatever) is invoked.

i've attached the dwg for those who wish to inspect. (DynBeams.dwg - 12 beam profiles for steel detail work - 12" default length)

karl

whdjr
2006-06-26, 08:34 PM
I think it's probably a shortcut issue for the right-click button.

jakob_k
2006-06-26, 08:43 PM
I think it's probably a shortcut issue for the right-click button.
i tried the right click customization and both machines are the same (with different results). the machine that doesn't work (visibility parameter only) did work when mdi was activated and a second sheet opened (the first sheet still did not work).

karl

Chris.N
2006-06-26, 08:49 PM
i tried the right click customization and both machines are the same (with different results). the machine that doesn't work (visibility parameter only) did work when mdi was activated and a second sheet opened (the first sheet still did not work).

karlsounds like the problem is a corrupt cad file, not the block.

Mike.Perry
2006-06-27, 08:07 AM
Hi

Maybe...

RE: Visibility in Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Visibility - Drop down doesn't show up

Have a good one, Mike

Rico
2006-07-05, 06:44 PM
Hi

Maybe...

RE: Visibility in Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Visibility - Drop down doesn't show up

Have a good one, Mike
Mike covered what I was gonna suggest.

It seems to me that the icon is a lookup and not a vis state. Is that right? Vis states are pretty straight forward but with Lookups, there's the whole "allow reverse lookup" drop down ....

i could be wrong. it IS my first day back from a light vacation. still not in the mood to do anything ... ;)

hnewman
2006-07-12, 09:13 PM
Guys, Guys, Go into Options and change your right-click customization to have, (in command mode) to have your short-cut menu instead of enter. Now I'm an "enter" kind of girl, but your short-cut menu will not come up, that includes visiblity options. You can also change your visiblity option on the properties palette. See attachment

jakob_k
2007-01-09, 07:23 PM
hi guys,
okaayy..., i resolved the issue but am am not sure why.

the original file had five dynblocks that i intended to import and use accordingly.
however other computers importing the file had the glitch (mentioned previously).

i tried (successfully) to create the dynblocks individually using "<current drawing>" in the dynblock editor. now all blocks work as advertised (as separate files). what acad is doing internally with the "master file" that i wanted to use, i dunno.

hope this can benefit someone.

karl

tedg
2007-02-07, 04:55 PM
As far as I can see, this hasn't been resolved. I'm having the same problem and I did a search on the forums and found this thread. I've done and checked everything suggested in here and still have a problem. This is new problem I notice today and hadn't had a problem before today. I can go into the file where the db lives and access the visibility states no problem. But if I insert it via insert block or drag it off a tool palette, I can't access the visability states unless I go through the properties dialog. The linear stretch options work but not the visabilty states??

I even restarted AutoCAD for giggles, no help.

ps, the db's I tried inserting were all by them selves (individual files).

Any more advice?

Rico
2007-02-07, 05:19 PM
As far as I can see, this hasn't been resolved. I'm having the same problem and I did a search on the forums and found this thread. I've done and checked everything suggested in here and still have a problem. This is new problem I notice today and hadn't had a problem before today. I can go into the file where the db lives and access the visibility states no problem. But if I insert it via insert block or drag it off a tool palette, I can't access the visability states unless I go through the properties dialog. The linear stretch options work but not the visabilty states??

I even restarted AutoCAD for giggles, no help.

ps, the db's I tried inserting were all by them selves (individual files).

Any more advice?
Did you follow the links Mike Perry posted above that suggest you check your shortcut menus in drawing area option plus other helpful info as well??

tedg
2007-02-07, 06:31 PM
Did you follow the links Mike Perry posted above that suggest you check your shortcut menus in drawing area option plus other helpful info as well??MORE COWBELL!!!

Any who.. I thought I did, but I'll go back over them and get back to ya!

tedg
2007-02-07, 07:16 PM
MORE COWBELL!!!

Any who.. I thought I did, but I'll go back over them and get back to ya!Ok, I'm back.
I TRIPLE checked my settings and how I'm doing things.
I'll re-explain my problem and maybe something will jump out at you.

While in ADT2006, I can open a drawing with the DB in it and see and select the visibility states as well as do all the cool dynamic stuff. I insert that same DB into another drawing and I can manipulate the other dynamic stuff but the visibilty states don't drop down. It just returns my last command. Also the when I hover my cursor over the visability grip, it turns green not red (?). I can access the visabiltiy states throught the properties dialog box.

I made sure my "shortcut menus in drawing" area was selected. I even tried that work-around where you "Turn on time_sensitive right-click" someone posted.
I made sure the drawing that contains the DB has a different name than the block.

From everything I've read, it seems inserting the block may be part of the problem?
I can do a save-as with the original dwg with the DB and the visability menu shows up.

:confused: