PDA

View Full Version : Using Fields with Sheets and Sheet Index?

Maverick91
2006-06-26, 06:31 PM
Howdy, y'all.

With the recent upgrade (yay!), I'm new to the field of FIELDS. I've just been assigned a project with multiple sheets, including an index sheet. I thought this would be a good use of fields... or maybe I'm just under-educated.

Is there a way to tie typed-in drawing names and sheet numbers to a field?

Maybe I've seen too many Revit demos.

Opie
2006-06-26, 07:36 PM
Howdy, y'all.

With the recent upgrade (yay!), I'm new to the field of FIELDS. I've just been assigned a project with multiple sheets, including an index sheet. I thought this would be a good use of fields... or maybe I'm just under-educated.

Is there a way to tie typed-in drawing names and sheet numbers to a field?

Maybe I've seen too many Revit demos.
Are you going to use the Sheet Set Manager with Vanilla AutoCAD?

Maverick91
2006-06-26, 09:14 PM
Are you going to use the Sheet Set Manager with Vanilla AutoCAD?Yes, as soon as I get the sheets together

Chris.N
2006-06-26, 09:35 PM
Yes, as soon as I get the sheets togetherthen your best bet is to review the 'best practices series' from Autodesk on the Sheet Set Manager feature .

H.Hunter
2006-06-27, 12:20 AM
I'll post some good links when I get to work tomorrow. I've read a thousand things on Sheet Sets. what I've found so far is that be careful not to over do it with custom fields when simple text will work. you need a template that is easy to convert project to project so you don't want to be changing 100 field settings every project.

Mike.Perry
2006-06-27, 07:50 AM
Hi

Some of the links found in the following posts may offer some help / guidance...

RE: Starting up with Sheet Sets

RE: Table fields

RE: Sheet Set Training

RE: setting up titleblocks

RE: setting up titleblocks

RE: Online tutorials, learning Cd's, books

Have a good one, Mike

H.Hunter
2006-06-27, 01:25 PM
I'll post some good links when I get to work tomorrow. I've read a thousand things on Sheet Sets. what I've found so far is that be careful not to over do it with custom fields when simple text will work. you need a template that is easy to convert project to project so you don't want to be changing 100 field settings every project.As promised:

Here's Heidi's Sheets Happen! blog stuff, which should be helpful. (http://heidihewett.blogs.com/my_weblog/2005/11/sheets_happen_s.html) I have some PDF files I can email you Mav if you want them too.

Maverick91
2006-06-27, 06:27 PM
As promised:

Here's Heidi's Sheets Happen! blog stuff, which should be helpful. (http://heidihewett.blogs.com/my_weblog/2005/11/sheets_happen_s.html) I have some PDF files I can email you Mav if you want them too.Good stuff! Thanks. Heidi's cool!

H.Hunter
2006-06-27, 06:33 PM
Good stuff! Thanks. Heidi's cool!Yeah I was talking to her at the last CAD Camp. She had her daughter with her.