PDA

View Full Version : visibility of existing phase

jfischer.110666
2006-06-27, 12:07 PM
I was working on my project and I wanted the existing lines to print lighter so I went through everything I knew of and somewhere checked half-tone for my existing but It’s too light now and I can’t find where I did that at. What are all of the places where you can affect existing phase lineweights? I looked under phases, and my cut lineweight is set for 3 under existing. I have not messed with the lineweights settings themselves at all. I remember clicking half-tone someplace. Any ideas where all I could have flipped a half-tone on the existing phase? Thanks, Jason.

PeterJ
2006-06-27, 12:24 PM
If you go take a look under Phase filters it should tell you what override is being used in your drawings for existing phases. You can work on from there.

jfischer.110666
2006-06-27, 01:30 PM
I figured out what was causing it to be extremely light. It was the fact that I had existing shown as gray. I was under the impression that the lineweights were not attached to the colors. I would like to be able to have a little color differentiation for drafting purposes. Or is that not how it's supposed to be done? Is the point supposed to be that it's like drafting on a piece of paper? For now I am deleting color from my project. Thanks, Jason.

patricks
2006-06-27, 01:38 PM
Just change the color to a darker gray. You have line weight and color override settings in your Phases Graphic Overrides menu.

jfischer.110666
2006-06-27, 02:01 PM
Is there a way to control how the color affects the lineweight?

patricks
2006-06-27, 03:17 PM
No, they are separate parameters. Set whatever line weight override you want and whatever color override you want for objects on the existing phase.

jfischer.110666
2006-06-27, 03:36 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, as I am very green with Revit. What I wanted was to have the existing gray so that it was very easy to distinguish between new and existing within revit. The problem was that if it was gray it was actually printing extremely light, so light that it was nearly invisible. When I changed the lineweight to 1 with color black it prints the way i want. If I left it gray and increased the lineweight the lines were still screened but really wide. I don't want that effect either. I am trying to learn how to manipulate the printing results and setup standards as I go so I am just trying to figure out the best way to display our drawings as printed and as drafting electronically. I was only using colors to help distinguish items while drafting. Thanks for your help. Jason.

cphubb
2006-06-27, 03:59 PM
Jason,

You could also switch your printing to all black in the page setup section. You must be printing in color or grey scale. The lines print in their true color or grey tone independent of the line weight.

jfischer.110666
2006-06-27, 05:43 PM
That's it, thanks.

Nic M.
2006-06-27, 05:43 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, as I am very green with Revit. What I wanted was to have the existing gray so that it was very easy to distinguish between new and existing within revit. The problem was that if it was gray it was actually printing extremely light, so light that it was nearly invisible. When I changed the lineweight to 1 with color black it prints the way i want. If I left it gray and increased the lineweight the lines were still screened but really wide. I don't want that effect either. I am trying to learn how to manipulate the printing results and setup standards as I go so I am just trying to figure out the best way to display our drawings as printed and as drafting electronically. I was only using colors to help distinguish items while drafting. Thanks for your help. Jason.
Check in: - settings - Line Weights -
set them for each view scale as needed

then adjust the phase override settings for the existing phase

jfischer.110666
2006-06-27, 07:02 PM
Tthanks for the tips, much appreciated.