PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Block Organization

dan.68314
2006-06-28, 12:00 AM
Somewhere in my reading i saw something that said not to keep individual files of your dynamic blocks but to have drawings that would contain a folder of blocks from the "old" way of doing things. What is the best way to organize blocks in the "new" AutoCAD?
So with the drawing one I would have a drawing containing my doors, one for my symbols, etc?
Any comments are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Dan

whdjr
2006-06-28, 12:56 PM
I haven't seen that article. We use individual blocks for our blocks and the users that like tool palettes use a 'Collection' file that has a bunch blocks in it.

Chris.N
2006-06-28, 02:00 PM
Somewhere in my reading i saw something that said not to keep individual files of your dynamic blocks but to have drawings that would contain a folder of blocks from the "old" way of doing things. What is the best way to organize blocks in the "new" AutoCAD?
So with the drawing one I would have a drawing containing my doors, one for my symbols, etc?
Any comments are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

DanDesign Center benefits from the 'file collection' method. Tool Palettes (as i use) don't care where your DB's come from, and i find it easier to create and update individual files.

Rico
2006-07-05, 06:45 PM
Design Center benefits from the 'file collection' method. Tool Palettes (as i use) don't care where your DB's come from, and i find it easier to create and update individual files.
I divide them between Metric and Imperial blocks. That's about it. Any other filtering and association of DBs is purely a matter of personal preference IMHO.