PDA

View Full Version : Infill walls not shown as demolished

guy.messick825831
2006-06-28, 04:59 PM
When we place a new door in the new plan, into an existing wall, that portion of wall is shown as infill but not displayed as demo'd in the demo plan. Also, when we demo a door in the demo plan, the infill wall in the new plan shows as existing (light gray) vs. new (dark lines). So, in short, infill walls created by Revit during a phased project are not displaying properly. Any Ideas? I seem to remember this working previously.

Thanks,

Guy Messick

Director of Design Technology
TLCD Architecture

Steve Jager
2006-06-28, 05:02 PM
The default door is New Construction. When you place a new door into an exisitng plan you are getting a new door not an existing one. Youi need to change the door you are using to Existing.

guy.messick825831
2006-06-28, 05:13 PM
To clarify, we want to place a new door into an existing wall, this is done in the new floor plan. This creates an infill wall in the demo plan, that should show up as demolished, but does not. I think it should.

david.metcalf
2006-06-28, 05:42 PM
That is true that hatching is lighter on the infilled opening inside the demo'd window. In this renovation I am working on, all openings are being reused by removing the older window units and replaced with triple pane windows, so this has not been a issue up to this point. I am looking at the line weights settings to see if they can be bolder.