PDA

View Full Version : Making secondary design option primary_Part 02

SalubraSubaru
2006-06-28, 06:25 PM
I have been experiencing problems with design options similar to this thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=36918

I know the thread is fairly old and I was just wondering if anyone has found out why this happened. I had the exact same experience where objects where placed in two design options (the original placed in the primary option and the new option placed in the secondary option). Eventually I wanted to make the new option "primary" and accept the primary into my model but nothing would happen when I selected the secondary option and clicked make primary. From this thread I gathered the idea to delete the already set primary option and then try to make the secondary option primary and it worked. I was just wondering if anyone has found out why this happens and how to avoid having to delete objects in the primary option in order to make the secondary option primary.

ford347
2006-06-28, 09:57 PM
I had this very same problem and it was driving me crazy, as a matter of fact, I believe I used a work around from this thread...

anyway, I opened a support request for it and this is what Autodesk found to be the problem and provided a solution.....

"The development team has reviewed the file you sent and found a problem with the tags on elements in the primary option. If the tags are removed then other options should be able to be selected. This problem had been identified previously and has actually been resolved in the latest build of Revit available for download at the following link."

From there they directed me to download the latest build. Hope this helps.
(http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=7142518)

SalubraSubaru
2006-06-29, 06:12 PM
Josh-
thanks for your response. What is the date of the Revit build tech. support referred you to download?

-Julie

ford347
2006-06-29, 09:37 PM
I don't know the date, but here is the build. I downloaded this build on June 21st. Hope this helps.

IMPORTANT
This latest build (20060619_2300) fixes some export issues currently found within Autodesk Revit Building 9-based software products. The updates resolve an issue with regard to exporting elevation or section views which contained linked files as well as export of rotated views on a sheet.
Note: This update incorporates issues previously addressed in the last build (20060518_2300); specifically with Autodesk Revit Building 9-based projects utilizing linked files, and issues relating to cascading network licensing for the Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series—Building 9 products, area tolerance issue measurement-related issues discovered in DWF™ files produced from Revit-based release 9 project files.

Revitator
2006-06-30, 09:21 AM
If the new build doesn't fix the problem, you could try duplicating the primary option before deleting the elements out of it. That way you preserve those elements in a new secondary option.