PDA

View Full Version : Grid Heads

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-06-29, 04:55 AM
Hey Reviteers

I have a problem,I can not switch off my grid heads in section!!
Why not?

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-29, 05:24 AM
Because you didn't say "please"! :smile: Interesting, I did not notice the absence of their check box in sections/elevations till you pointed this out. I don't know how long they've been gone...hmmm...

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-06-29, 06:21 AM
Sorry
Please.

Thanks Steve.Have not seen you on our forum in some time.

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-29, 06:22 AM
Yes...true...I've visited occasionally, but no posts! Sorry the airfare is a killer :smile:

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-06-29, 06:31 AM
Yes yes it's bad.

Thanks again.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-06-29, 06:39 AM
No toggle/checkbox in 8 either. I recall a thread recently from someone who wanted to have the grid bubbles on the bottom of the view and that couldn't be done either.

Steve Jager
2006-06-29, 05:41 PM
Select grid
Right click Properties
Edit
Theres a pull done that let's you do what you are asking.

(Except the bottom)

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-06-29, 08:15 PM
OK Steve, not so fast!

When you uncheck the checkbox or assign <none> as a grid head that affects all the grid heads of that type (being type parameters) in plan, elevation and section views. What it doesn't do is actually allow you to toggle the head on/off on an individual basis in a section or elevation view and leave the gridline itself on.You are able to do that in a plan view though.
Although this is odd by omission it does kind of make sense. Grids are generally there for refererence so if you want the line, why wouldn't you want the head to identify it?

dbaldacchino
2006-06-30, 05:08 AM
You might have to resort to "masking"....white filled region on top.

mfanucs
2006-06-30, 07:40 AM
Hi Dimitri

This thread started from my office and Mark (despite his infinite knowledge!) decided to ask the people who actually know whats going on here at AUGI. (just kidding Mark, your help is always much appreciated!)

The reason for wanting to turn off the grid heads in sections is for typical section callout details. We often reference other callouts to a 'generic' callout, however, this generic callout shows the grid head number of a specific grid line. Because the detail is generic we would prefer to simply see the gridhead without a specific numerical reference, or simply turn it off, because we still want to reference our dimensions back to the gridline.

Its not a major crisis, so david's suggestion of a mask will be perfect for now.

.... just might be a nice wish list item for the future (I am lazy and love the fact that revit does most of these simple things for me)

Thanks everyone

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-06-30, 07:48 AM
Thanks Marco.

You know how it works, if I don't have the answer then the best place to find one is right here in AUGI.AUGI is my F1 key.

Archman
2006-06-30, 01:36 PM
Hi Dimitri

This thread started from my office and Mark (despite his infinite knowledge!) decided to ask the people who actually know whats going on here at AUGI. (just kidding Mark, your help is always much appreciated!)

The reason for wanting to turn off the grid heads in sections is for typical section callout details. We often reference other callouts to a 'generic' callout, however, this generic callout shows the grid head number of a specific grid line. Because the detail is generic we would prefer to simply see the gridhead without a specific numerical reference, or simply turn it off, because we still want to reference our dimensions back to the gridline.

Its not a major crisis, so david's suggestion of a mask will be perfect for now.

.... just might be a nice wish list item for the future (I am lazy and love the fact that revit does most of these simple things for me)

Thanks everyone

For this type of thing, I place a centerline symbol in an opaque text type over the number in the grid head.

mfanucs
2006-06-30, 02:05 PM
Thanks Steve - that works for me!