PDA

View Full Version : Wall Finish Height Variation

nnguyen
2006-06-29, 07:36 PM
Is there a way to do this (see image attachment) in Revit? I know I am able to do a Vertically Compound Wall with adjustable height in the finishes, but it won't let me "unlock" a split finish at the line where I split it. I know I can "stack" the walls to have this type of profile, but would like to avoid it if possible.

tonyisenhoff
2006-06-29, 08:11 PM
Here is one suggestion if you want to handle it within a section/detail...

Use the "Edit Cut Profile" tool. Once you start the tool, select "Boundary between faces" and sketch where you want the wall removed. Be sure the little blue arrows are point to the material you wish to keep.

Just note that you are only altering the look ONLY in the section/detail where you're making the change - a view specific change, not in the model as a whole.

nnguyen
2006-06-29, 08:23 PM
What if i want it not to be a view specific change? to be able to do it in the model? the only reason for this is that my "superiors" would like to see it in a camera view or elevation view the gyp board ending, and seeing the studs.

tonyisenhoff
2006-06-29, 08:31 PM
Thinking out loud...How about Sweeps as part of the wall?

nnguyen
2006-06-29, 08:38 PM
that might be my best bet.

Revitator
2006-06-30, 09:29 AM
Do you actually want to see the studwork? In normal walls, Revit doesn't model the studs.

If you wanted to see them, you'd need to model them specifically (line-based family perhaps?). But that might get tedious if you were doing a whole building.