PDA

View Full Version : Walls cutting floors

Davied2
2006-06-30, 12:50 PM
Simple question

I have a floor (50mm screed 250 slab) and I draw a wall on top of my floor (100mm block)

In section I want the block wall to show coming of the slab and the screed to stop either side of the wall. Is this possible or do i have to draw an in place void to cut the screed.

I have been messing woth core boundaries but to no avail.

any comments please

regards

Dave

eddy.lermytte
2006-06-30, 01:11 PM
D
Go to the element properties of the wall > Edit Structure > set it for example Structure (1) and set its base offset so the wall stands on the bearing slab.
Go to the element properties of your floor > Edit > Structure > give the screed al lower order number (for example Finish (4)) than the wall has and the bearing slab Structure (1)
In section Use Join geometry tool then.

Cheuk Ling
2006-06-30, 01:14 PM
use edit cut profile to make the finish line inside of the wall to be 49.9mm below the finish level.

ejburrell67787
2006-06-30, 03:14 PM
D
Go to the element properties of the wall > Edit Structure > set it for example Structure (1) and set its base offset so the wall stands on the bearing slab.
Go to the element properties of your floor > Edit > Structure > give the screed al lower order number (for example Finish (4)) than the wall has and the bearing slab Structure (1)
In section Use Join geometry tool then.Actually I think it will work if you have the concrete blocks of the wall within the 'core' and the structural slab is also the 'core' of the floor, but the screed is outside the core. Provided the wall base is the level of the structural slab and the two elements are joined, the screed will stop either side of the block wall.

tomnewsom
2006-07-03, 12:35 PM
Using the Join tool to join the wall to the floor will automatically 'force' the Core of the wall through the Finishes of your floor, so that it meets with the structural slab. No fidling with wall heights etc. are needed.