PDA

View Full Version : Roof Problem

Gene Herring
2006-06-30, 08:24 PM
Hey folks, having a problem and wanted to see if anyone has a workaround. Have a square building with a Hip roof that I want to create a a ridge inn lieu of a pyrimid with two sides sloped at 6:12 and the other side sloped at 8:12 (see truss company diagram). Anyone have any ideas how this might be done as a single roof object? Revit gives an error and will not allow the creation of unequal slopes.

narlee
2006-06-30, 09:47 PM
This is a 24x24 building with a Hip Roof with 6 and 8 pitches. Is that what you wanted? Did it with Roof by Footprint.

Gene Herring
2006-07-04, 02:11 AM
Narlee thanks for the info. I am using the roof by footprint but keep gettng the same error message w/ V9. However, tried it with version 8 and no problem at all. I knew I had built numerous roofs in the past with no problem. V9 roof bug?????????

JTF
2006-07-04, 03:01 AM
Have you aligned your roof eaves.

rhys
2006-07-04, 08:36 AM
Hey folks, having a problem and wanted to see if anyone has a workaround. Have a square building with a Hip roof that I want to create a a ridge inn lieu of a pyrimid with two sides sloped at 6:12 and the other side sloped at 8:12 (see truss company diagram). Anyone have any ideas how this might be done as a single roof object? Revit gives an error and will not allow the creation of unequal slopes.
Works on 9 for me just as it always did, if you're still having problems post a simple project file with just the walls and roof.