PDA

View Full Version : See-through elevations

kwong
2006-07-03, 12:38 AM
Hi all,
Parts of all my elevations have become transparent, but the elevations in my sections are OK. Can anyone help? Is there some setting I might have inadvertantly turned on? Thumbnails attached. Thanks.
kwong

Mr Spot
2006-07-03, 03:33 AM
Have you recently moved your elevation marker?

In case you don't already know, the elevation marker and elevation cut line are independant of each other. To find out where a section is actually cutting, in plan select one of you elevations (single click) the cut line should then show and can be dragged and moved as needed.

-- you probably already know this, but just in case.

This would be the first thing i'd check. After this i'd attempt to recreate the elevation and see if the problem persists in the new elevation.

HTH.

kwong
2006-07-03, 03:51 AM
Thanks Mr Spot,

Yes I've already checked all that & I've also deleted the old markers & set up a new ones - no good, hence my new thread about new sheets.
kwong

neb1998
2006-07-03, 02:23 PM
take another look at your elevation marker and cut plane....it appears to be in the building. Unless you have the walls on some other workset that are not turned on in that view......or possibly the disciplne set to something thats not showing everything correctly.

However based on the views you supplied its likely that your elevation cut line is in the middle of the structure

kwong
2006-07-04, 03:34 AM
Hi all,
A very savvy lady gave me the answer to the problem - it had to do with a linked AutoCAD plan which was linked-in in ALL views instead of CURRENT view only. Turning off visibility of the linked files in the elevations got rid of the transparency. Thought you'd like to know.
kwong

greg.mcdowell
2006-07-04, 03:44 AM
I seriously WISH that current view only was the default choice... I can't tell you how many people at my office "forget" about selecting this option <ugh>