PDA

View Full Version : Spiral roof

passerpawn_tech
2006-07-03, 06:17 AM
Hi,

I have created a spiral solid in Inventor 11. I imported it in Revit9 as a mass in mass family.
Then I loaded this mass family in to the revit project I tried to convert it to roof, but it is not
possible.

I tried to create the roof in Revit itself but the shape is complex. Its a spiral shape with inner edge of the roof is having different redius than the outer one.

Can anybody help me out?

It seems Revit does not support spirals. Huge drawback!!!!

Vikram

sbrown
2006-07-05, 12:40 AM
Just import it into a inplace roof family and use it. Don't even make it a revit element.

passerpawn_tech
2006-07-06, 08:06 AM
Hello,

Yes, it could be done that way, but when you import the the roof family in the project I encountered difficulty while placing it at the proper place.

It is very difficult to rotate it or say move it at proper place. May be due to file size.

Actually one should be able to create such complex models in Revit itself. But it seems not possible at the moment.

Any comments please.

Thanks

Vikram

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-06, 02:18 PM
How about an image so we see what you have done? Maybe it can be done in Revit...

davidwlight
2006-07-06, 03:20 PM
Lets see an example...I've had great success moving complex geometry into Autocad 2007, then importing it into Revit as a mass, then skinning it up. But as Steve mentioned...kets see an example first