PDA

View Full Version : Temp hide/isolate Revit v9?

knut_bb78
2006-07-03, 11:54 AM
If I'm in a 3D view and want to attach some interior walls to the roof, I used to temp hide the roof - then select the walls - select attach top- then reset temp hide - then select the roof. I always used this method in Revit 8/8.1 and probably previous releases, but now in r9 this doesn't seem to be possible? What happened here? It seems the walls get unselected as soon as I touch the hide/isolate button.

ejburrell67787
2006-07-03, 12:39 PM
If I'm in a 3D view and want to attach some interior walls to the roof, I used to temp hide the roof - then select the walls - select attach top- then reset temp hide - then select the roof. I always used this method in Revit 8/8.1 and probably previous releases, but now in r9 this doesn't seem to be possible? What happened here? It seems the walls get unselected as soon as I touch the hide/isolate button.That does seem to be true. What you can do at that stage though is right click in the screen and use the "Select Previous" option to reselect the partition and then attach it to the roof.

Melarch
2006-07-04, 11:38 AM
Leave the roof visible in the view and either turn on wire frame instead of hidden line model graphics. If this is too confusing another method is to cut a section showing the walls to be extended and the roof to attach to or remove the walls and floors blocking the interior walls instead of the roof.

knut_bb78
2006-07-04, 11:56 AM
Well, it wasnt really a support question. It was more to get it confirmed that this had been changed in Revit 9 also wondering why it was changed? I would also like to add that I prefer it the way it was before version 9!