PDA

View Full Version : Odd array behavior

patricks
2006-07-03, 09:02 PM
I have a site plan which I am placing and arraying parking spaces to make my parking lot. For some reason the array function is acting differently in different areas of the drawing.

For relevance this file is very early on. The project file size is only about 7.5 MB, and consists only of some preliminary external walls, floor objects for the parking lot paving and sidewalks, the parking spaces, and a couple of imported (linked) DWG site plans. The parking lot floor type has a solid gray surface pattern. I have the DWG's turned off in the view while I place these parking spaces.

Now in one area of the site plan it's acting pretty normal. I will select a parking space, hit array, type in the number of copies, and move the space by 1 stall width to get the array. Takes a few seconds.

Now when I pan over to other areas of the site plan, it acts ALOT different. It goes something like this:
Select parking space
Hit array (wait several seconds), then the gray fill on the parking lot disappears.
Type in the number of copies
Move the space by one stall width
Wait *literally* 25-30 seconds as the progress bar goes up to 100% several times
Finally the array appears, and the gray parking lot surface comes back.

In some areas it's fine, and in other areas it's taking almost a minute just to create a single array of only TEN parking spaces. What in the world could be causing that?

Okay I just noticed that the parking spaces that are arraying normally show their host to be Level 1. The ones that take forever show their host to be the parking lot floor object, even though the floor object is at 0-0, the same as Level 1.