PDA

View Full Version : default text

CHRISTINE.S
2006-07-04, 03:26 PM
Hello,

Is there a way to change the default text from Arial to Arch text in Revit?

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks

Christine

dhurtubise
2006-07-04, 03:39 PM
You need to edit the type properties to change the font. Revit uses TTF type font

CHRISTINE.S
2006-07-04, 04:23 PM
okay.. could you tell me what steps to follow?

Thanks,

Christine

dhurtubise
2006-07-04, 04:55 PM
Select your text, right-click, select Properties
Cick Edit/New, in the bottom pan change the font

modulor
2006-07-04, 06:41 PM
I think what Christine is asking is, is there a way to globally change a text style?
(or, like Acad attributes, current textstyle is applied to inserted blocks)
As far as I can tell, every annotation family has to be changed individually, as well as annotation objects in current project. Once that's done you can make a template file, i guess.

-Erik

CHRISTINE.S
2006-07-04, 06:44 PM
thanks Eric,

Yeah, that is what I meant. We never use Arial and I wanted the default text to be arch text and not Arial.. I will set up my template as such.

Thanks again,

Chris

mlgatzke
2006-07-05, 03:11 AM
Sorry Chris,

You'll have to modify each text style in your template from Arial to ArchText. Then modify each dimension style you use. Then you will have to modify any family that is already inside your template and open any external annotation family you use and modify the fonts used from Arial to ArchText. This isn't a quick resolution, but it can be done and doesn't take very long. I would recommend, after modifying them, to save them with a different name (beginning with the initials of your firm for instance). This will signify them as being custom versions and they won't be accidentally overwritten if new families are downloaded and installed (if possible, I'd actually recommend storing your modified versions in a completely different folder to avoid accidental deletion).

Good luck.

UpNorth
2006-07-05, 06:20 PM
You may want to look the the thread listed below... someone posted a template with archtext in the filename (thus, I assume they changed the default text style in the template).

I also recall seeing a lot of the OTB content posted to Revitcity with the text style changed to archtext (not sure what version the content is for).

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=39977&page=1&pp=10&highlight=template

jeff.95551
2006-07-06, 06:08 PM
So this isn't the "Revit Way" and I'm personally not a big fan of Archtxt, but couldn't a person find a TTF font that looks like Archtxt, rename it to Arial.ttf, and reload it into the file?

dhurtubise
2006-07-06, 06:34 PM
You don't actually reload it. It's being read from your Windows font directory. So it would screw up all other application using Arial.
Set it once in a template then forget about it