PDA

View Full Version : Long building section

cdorward
2006-07-05, 10:23 PM
I have an extremely long building section, and it wont fit in its entirety on an A0 sheet.
Is there a way to split the view into two views on the same sheet?
I've tried duplicating the section view to have two section views (each showing an end) but then I am faced with the problem of having each view numbered differently when I would like them labeled both as 1/A-401. This also gives me double section lines on the plan which is confusing.

I have tried spatting the one view into halves, but I cannot move each half independently of another.

anyone ran into this problem yet, and figured it out?

Firmso
2006-07-05, 11:23 PM
I think you are right by creating two section views. But if you want to have one Title for both sections you have to select one of them and go to :

Properties > Edit/New > under Parameter : Show Title, select ' No'

Mr Spot
2006-07-05, 11:39 PM
It depends on how you want to position them on the sheet once split...

You can split the section and cut out some of the information in the middle then drag the halves closer together as required.

If you require one half to not be in line with the other half, then they will need to be two separate sections.

HTH.

dhurtubise
2006-07-06, 11:56 AM
Duplicate the view and adjust both crop region. That will give you 2 diiferent view name but i guess that since they don't fit in one sheet you will have to numbered them differently

cdorward
2006-07-07, 05:15 PM
I think you are right by creating two section views. But if you want to have one Title for both sections you have to select one of them and go to :

Properties > Edit/New > under Parameter : Show Title, select ' No'

I duplicated the view, then turned off the title for the duplicate. I also hid the annotation for the duplicate in the floor plan, and drug the handle for the original section line to show one section line running the length of the building.

Is there a way to duplicate the title of the first section to place under the duplicate section.

On the attached image, I also have an unrelated section that I should probably just move to another page for the sake of clarity.