PDA

View Full Version : curtain wall panel and mullions not centred

Justin Marchiel
2006-07-06, 04:09 PM
I created a mullion from a profile that is centred. I created a curtain wall panel that is centred. When they are combined into a curtain wall they are offset. i have to offset the mullion by about an 1" to get the panels and mullions to be centred togehter.

Does any one know why this would happen?

Justin

rkitect
2006-07-06, 05:20 PM
My guess is that this has to do with your Center (Front/BakcLeftRight) planes moving when you flex the profile (assuming you made it parametric). If you notcide when you set your parameters and then 'EQ'd the planes around your center plane, the center plane moved instead of the front and back plane. So now when you put this in your project, everytime you change the dimension of your mullions, the center plane moves.

This is just my observation and I too have this problem and would love a permanent solution.

Justin Marchiel
2006-07-06, 05:25 PM
that is what i thought at first, but i flexed it in the family and foudn that both the panel and the profile (for the mullion) moved away from the centre ref plane.

thanks anyways

Justin

dhurtubise
2006-07-06, 05:27 PM
Is there an offset in your panel within the project ?

Justin Marchiel
2006-07-06, 05:35 PM
i can't seem to find out any location that will give me a panel offset, just the mullion has an offset for the profile.

Justin

dhurtubise
2006-07-06, 05:39 PM
Can you post a sample please ?

Justin Marchiel
2006-07-07, 12:12 AM
here is the wall that i have used so far. it contains the adjusted mullion spacing. The reason that the mullions are larger than the wall is that i wanted to show the form lines from the plywood.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Justin

gibson.tim91884
2006-07-26, 05:44 PM
I ran into this today, and solved it by setting the "Defines Origin" property for the center reference planes.