PDA

View Full Version : hatch

CHRISTINE.S
2006-07-06, 04:28 PM
Can anyone let me know of a good place to buy hatch or a good program to make hatch?

Please let me know,

Thanks
Christine

gflinn
2006-07-06, 04:43 PM
Revit uses *.pat files that are the same you use for acad. You'll have to create and import each pattern that you want, and reimport to modify the scale.

If you know how to create hatch patterns for acad, you can do it in Revit. One difference is if you're planning on using the pattern for drafting or modeling, then it's just adding a line in the creation process to define it as a model pattern

Revitcity.com has a good selection of patterns.

If you locate your revit.pat file it has good explanation of the difference between drafting and model patterns, and to add other patterns.

Garrett

ford347
2006-07-06, 05:49 PM
Is there a good resource to learn how to create simple, and complex fill patterns? I have not the first clue how to do this as I never had. I always just go to revitcity, but a lot of the time they are not in the database anymore?

CHRISTINE.S
2006-07-06, 06:57 PM
I have the southern ledgestone hatch and when i import it in Revit it does not let me scale it more than "9", I need the stone to be 2X bigger (at scale 18) but anything after scale "9" i get an "x" across the preview screen. I tried going into the hatch itself and double all the numbers but I wasted a day doing it 'cause it did not work.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Christine

dbaldacchino
2006-07-07, 04:18 AM
Check this out:

http://www.cadro.com.au/hatchkit/

We bought one and although we haven't used it to create any new hatches lately, it seems to be rather simple to use.

rkitect
2006-07-07, 01:50 PM
Blast, he beat me to it. I was looking for that yesterday. The demo seemed to have disappeared from my computer somehow.

I'll second that program recomendation.

ford347
2006-07-07, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys! That looks great. I'll check it out.