PDA

View Full Version : Plan Region changes View Range outside of boundaries

jpolding
2006-07-06, 07:26 PM
It seems that when I add a Plan Region to show the first floor interior walls, which is the same configuration on every level, the balconies and railings show although they're outside of the Plan Region's boundaries.

The View Range of the view is set to the current level and the View Range of the Plan Region is set to show Level1. Still no effect.

I've attached the file so you can duplicate this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

jthompson.70974
2006-07-06, 08:50 PM
Jay-

I gave it my best shot but i couldn't figure out why the railing on Level 1 was showing in the Level 2 plan. I think you'll just have to move on and accept that the View Region isn't going to function properly. Maybe you don't need me to explain how to work around the issue, but i will just in case.

Unfortunately, you can create, but you cannot alter a railing's subcategory, though this would have made making the Level 1 railing invisible much easier. My only other idea, is that rather than have a plan region, you simply copy the walls up to each level. Although i don't know your original reason for not doing this, if you use the Group command, you can edit the groups and they will all update changes. This is quite easy, and I can't think of a reason for not using it in your case. I've had issues with Plan Regions before, so if you can find a way to not use them, i would go for it.

jpolding
2006-07-07, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the possible workarounds. The main reason to do the Plan Region is simply to keep the model lean while maintaining coordination. Groups are a great idea in theory but are limited by the existing hardware ceiling that currently affects all software.

I have reported this to Autodesk and have yet to hear back. When I do I'll post the results.

jpolding
2006-07-11, 07:54 PM
The response back from Autodesk confirmed that this is a bug.