PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Stretch a hatch in a Dynamic Block with the Stretch parameter

hnewman
2006-07-07, 09:12 PM
I'm trying to stretch a hatch in a Dynamic Block with the Stretch parameter, I just moves the whole hatch, even though its associative?

Chris.N
2006-07-10, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to stretch a hatch in a Dynamic Block with the Stretch parameter, I just moves the whole hatch, even though its associative?Make sure your hatch was created using 'select objects' for the boundary, and have the hatch itself removed from the stretch action.

Rico
2006-07-10, 02:16 PM
Make sure your hatch was created using 'select objects' for the boundary, and have the hatch itself removed from the stretch action.
Hey Chris - If the hatch is created using the "Select Objects" option (and as long as the hatch is associative) then the hatch can be included in the stretch. That's the way I do it and it works well for me.

Chris.N
2006-07-10, 02:55 PM
Hey Chris - If the hatch is created using the "Select Objects" option (and as long as the hatch is associative) then the hatch can be included in the stretch. That's the way I do it and it works well for me.hmmm, i've always gotten 'unnassociative' behavior and 'move' on my end. all other actions i include the hatch pattern tho... (flip, rotate, scale...)

Rico
2006-07-10, 04:07 PM
hmmm, i've always gotten 'unnassociative' behavior and 'move' on my end. all other actions i include the hatch pattern tho... (flip, rotate, scale...)
here's a small sample of what works for me ........

it's a rectangle with a hatch associated with it. It's suppsed to simulate an MDF panel. You enter the sizes and voila - or stretch it. Better used for a section cut or soemthing like that .....

Catkid03
2007-11-05, 08:45 PM
One other thing that I have had a problem with is once I go to stretch my DB, the hatch decides to change it's origin from being centered, to the bottom left. I even checked my HPORIGINMODE and HPASSOC, they are both set correctly.

Chris.N
2007-11-05, 09:34 PM
One other thing that I have had a problem with is once I go to stretch my DB, the hatch decides to change it's origin from being centered, to the bottom left. I even checked my HPORIGINMODE and HPASSOC, they are both set correctly.
i guess i've never noticed it on my end. what CAD version you running? verticals?