PDA

View Full Version : Planting Plans

jonathan_skurr
2006-07-09, 11:33 PM
I am currently trying to create a planting plan on Revit 9 and I have been creating my own 2D plant graphics to correspond with an accurender plant that I have chosen. What I am trying to do is set the plant up so that I can change the size of the 2D graphic by way of changing its radius dimensions in the properties box. I have looked at examples of trees that have been created in a 'lolly-pop' formation and it has been easy to change the plants radius as in a 2D view it is only a circle. However, I am creating more intricate looking 2D graphics that have several lines in branch-like formation. Is there a way that I could attach all these lines to an existing circle and resize the graphic through changing in the properties box the plants radius?

I hope that doesn't sound too ambiguous!
Cheers.

sbrown
2006-07-10, 03:37 PM
The trick is nesting. You need to make your first plant family, import you r2d dwg plans, and elevation symbols, then nest that into a second plant family(which is the one you will use), then you can change the dia. and it will scale the symbols up or down. It takes a little trial and error to get the first family the size you want.