PDA

View Full Version : Energy modeling

jeff.95551
2006-07-10, 01:25 AM
We've got a project that we want to get LEED certified - has anybody got any experience doing the energy analysis directly from a Revit model? I saw a thread a while back about some products that do this, but I can't remember the name or find the thread...

Any help would be useful.

Jeff

neb1998
2006-07-10, 02:38 AM
Revit systems is setup ideally for internal energy analysis directly through green building studio and any other 3rd party program that accepts xml files...i use it with Trane Trace 700 often and it works well.

Revit buildings can export area data i believe but i have not tried it with the 3rd party programs

Scott D Davis
2006-07-10, 04:39 PM
http://www.greenbuildingstudio.com/

From the GBS site:

Whether you are an architect designing new commercial buildings, an engineer completing a LEED assessment, or a building product manufacturer, looking for the right buildings for your “green building products,” Green Building Studio can assist you.

jeff.95551
2006-07-10, 06:40 PM
That's what I was looking for! I couldn't remember the name. Thanks, Scott! I looked up the Trane site, and it looks like a great product - I've got a call into my mech. engineer to see if he has it.