PDA

View Full Version : FLOOR/WALL FINISHES

mmenendez
2006-07-10, 07:31 PM
I’m having trouble differentiating between wall/floor finishes graphically in elevations, 3d views and scheduling. I’ve attached a quick axon sketch and a couple pictures. In the floor- There are 4 different material finishes. Do I have to create a custom floor family that has these different material properties?

mmenendez
2006-07-10, 07:32 PM
here's the sketch again...before you could not read it!

Any help would be appreciated!

dhurtubise
2006-07-10, 07:37 PM
This seems to be casework finish, is it ? I'm not sure of the desired result, so what are you trying to achieve, only graphical difference ? If so simply use different materials

mmenendez
2006-07-10, 08:06 PM
This seems to be casework finish, is it ? I'm not sure of the desired result, so what are you trying to achieve, only graphical difference ? If so simply use different materials

right, how would I go about having 2 or 3 different finishes on the casework? I would like to see the difference graphically but I would also like for it to be present in the Schedules. Like if there were 2 different counter top finishes, i would like to be able to keep track of each material. Thanks for the response!

dhurtubise
2006-07-10, 08:53 PM
I assume that's a fmily. If so, i suggest using on/off parameter to use different material.
Give me a few mins i'll send you an example

mmenendez
2006-07-10, 09:49 PM
I assume that's a fmily. If so, i suggest using on/off parameter to use different material.
Give me a few mins i'll send you an example

Ok, I think I understand. I'll have to mess around with it a little bit. Thanks for the example!

dhurtubise
2006-07-10, 10:10 PM
My pleasure. Feel free to post again if you need more help