PDA

View Full Version : Interior Elevation Annotation Visibility

davidcobi
2006-07-10, 07:38 PM
When we place an interior elevation on level 1 it also shows on level 2. Right now we have to "Hide Annotation in view." It would be nice if the interior elevation tags were like the room tags. They should only show up when the room volume intersects the cut plane. Or am I missing something.

davidcobi
2006-07-10, 09:57 PM
Kind of makes me wonder how architects do interior elevation tags in high rise buildings. We only have a 3 story project and it's really something that needs to be resolved.

Firmso
2006-07-10, 10:34 PM
When we place an interior elevation on level 1 it also shows on level 2. Right now we have to "Hide Annotation in view." It would be nice if the interior elevation tags were like the room tags. They should only show up when the room volume intersects the cut plane. Or am I missing something.

I thought I was the only one with this problem. I guess I'm behind you on this one. Absolutely had to be resolved.

dbaldacchino
2006-07-11, 02:15 AM
What about scope boxes? If I remember correctly you can set the scope box property of an elevation tag and then if the view does not intersect that scope box, the tag won't show up. We need section and elevation tags to just show up by default only in the view they were created. Then, if required elswhere, the user would make a conscious decision to make them visible, rather than chase down the unwanted annotation and turn it off. Making a duplicate with detailing should result in the same annotation visibility settings as the parent view.

Rols
2006-07-11, 02:31 AM
I'm sorry I can't test this theory right now myself, but here it is anyway:
Is the top of your interior elevation cropped too high so that it includes the level marker of the floor above? I know this is one of those Revit logic sort of things with visibility of levels and grids in views, perhaps it carries over into elevations.

Firmso
2006-07-11, 03:34 AM
Is the top of your interior elevation cropped too high so that it includes the level marker of the floor above? I know this is one of those Revit logic sort of things with visibility of levels and grids in views, perhaps it carries over into elevations.

I guess the Idea here is to make the interior elevation view tag behave like the room tag. When you place a room tag on one of the ground floor rooms you don't see it on the second floor room. Wouldn't it be nice if the interior elevation tag recognizes everything around it say, the floor , ceiling and walls, so the tag stays within that confined space...yeah, sort of like the room tag....
And if you want the interior elevation to view up to your specified level, then their should probably be an option under properties for that.

jeff.95551
2006-07-11, 05:44 AM
I think I'm with Firmso. My projects often have many levels that aren't necessarily overlapping in plan - for example, parking garages with intermediate ramp levels and adjacent floor levels that don't exactly line up. I'm not sure how Revit could know which level you want the elevation to show up to. At least if there was a selection in the properties window or a drop down on the option bar, it would work similar to walls...

Although to be honest, I've been using Revit full time for well over a year, and every time I cut a section or place an elevation tag and I can just click on the view and get it, I'm still a little thrilled... so I have to drag a scope box down to the ceiling line where it automatically snaps (thus hiding the elevation tag on the floor above)... beats the hours spent cutting sections...

davidcobi
2006-07-11, 03:47 PM

It seems that this was the problem. Thanks. We'll just lower the top of the scope box so that it doesn't include the floor above.

Archman
2006-07-11, 05:28 PM
I think the theory behind view tags is that if the imaginary "cube of space" formed by the limits of the view the tag references intersects the imaginary "cube of space" formed by the view range parameter of any floor plan or RCP, then that tag is displayed.

For instance, if the top of the crop region for an interior elevation view intersects the primary range (bottom clip plane) of a floor plan view, then the interior elevation symbol will show in that plan.

So, the idea of the floor line defining if the elevation symbol is displayed is fine, provided that the bottom clip plane of the floor plan is set to the level. If it's set to some distance below the level, the elevation marker will still show up, if the top of it's crop region is set to the floor line.

I hope that makes sense, It's a hard concept to put into words.