PDA

View Full Version : Yes/No Parameter of Hatch in Detail Component

dgraue
2006-07-10, 08:28 PM
I am using detail components for wall sections. At 1/2" scale the hatch is typically ok in these components, but at 1/8" plywood (as an example) is too muddy with the hatch and not needed at this scale. I would like to edit the plywood detail component family and put the hatch pattern on a Yes/No instance parameter so I have the option to not show the hatch in some sections. I have not been sucsessful in my attempts. The entire component turns off including the lines.
How do I go about assigning a Yes/No parameter to the hatch pattern itself in these detail components?

Thanks.
DG

aaronrumple
2006-07-10, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't do it with a yes/no but rather with level of detail....

dgraue
2006-07-10, 08:52 PM
But how do you change the visibility of the fill pattern for a detail component in a particular view?

aaronrumple
2006-07-10, 09:05 PM
But how do you change the visibility of the fill pattern for a detail component in a particular view?
The yes/no would work. You just need to have a yes/no associated with the filled region. However the linework used as the bondary of the filled region is part of the filled region. So you'll need separate linework for the lower resolution version that remains on.

Level of detail is designed for this taks without a lot of additional parameters. You'll still need the same graphcs which will toggle/on/off based on fine/med./coarse....

dgraue
2006-07-10, 09:59 PM
Thanks Aaron.
DG