PDA

View Full Version : How do I plot camera views?

jb-mjarchitect
2006-07-11, 08:14 PM
I recently used the camera feature of Autodesk for the first time. I set up more than 50 cameras at different locations on a 3D topo map with model block houses and was pleased with the results. Now, how do I print the pictures from the camera views with hidden line work. There is no information in the help menus. The plot window does not show a preview of the dwg. What I have been able to plot is not the camera picture just some linework.

Opie
2006-07-11, 08:30 PM
Please note I have *moved* this thread from the New Forum Users (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47) Forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here.

Below snippet is from the small print on the Forum General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44) page -

<snip>
New to the Forums? This is the place to experiment with the posting editor and learn how to interact with our forums. Please experiment here with forum features and commands.
</snip>

Thanks,

Richard
Forum Moderator

Mike.Perry
2006-07-16, 10:31 PM
Hi

Are you attempting to Plot from Modelspace or Paperspace ( Layout ) ?

If Modelspace, try Plotting via Paperspace with appropriate Floating Viewports set-up.

Have a good one, Mike

Firmso
2006-07-16, 11:11 PM
I recently used the camera feature of Autodesk for the first time. I set up more than 50 cameras at different locations on a 3D topo map with model block houses and was pleased with the results. Now, how do I print the pictures from the camera views with hidden line work. There is no information in the help menus. The plot window does not show a preview of the dwg. What I have been able to plot is not the camera picture just some linework.

Go to Tilemode-0 and activate your Viewport then type Shademode, and choose Hidden.
Hope this helps

Firmso
2006-07-16, 11:17 PM
BTW, try also setting your Maxactvp.
This lets you control your number of active viewports.

Chris.N
2006-07-17, 02:29 AM
I recently used the camera feature of Autodesk for the first time. I set up more than 50 cameras at different locations on a 3D topo map with model block houses and was pleased with the results. Now, how do I print the pictures from the camera views with hidden line work. There is no information in the help menus. The plot window does not show a preview of the dwg. What I have been able to plot is not the camera picture just some linework.you don't mention the acad version you are using, and i understood that the 'camera' feature (tool?) was new to 2007. Please clarify. Thanks.

Chris.N
2006-07-17, 02:33 AM
what 'type' of views are you trying to print (rendered, shaded, B&W hidden...), and how many per sheet are you trying to achieve?

cad user
2006-07-17, 06:47 AM
have you saved the views in Named Views? if not do that and restore each view to plot, either one at a time or via viewports

JA