PDA

View Full Version : Can't Pick Lines of Linked Objects???

Local Revit Guru
2006-07-13, 03:21 AM
I want to backline (thicken) lines in my elevations. There are .RVT links in the file I'm working on which I can't pick with the Linework Tool. This is extremely frustrating. Although linked revit files are working better in V.9.0 it seems that it's not possible to backline the links or control their appearance beyond the VG settings / object styles!

Of course, searching for answers in Autodesk Help (or "Autodesk Hinder" as it should be known) produces absolutely nothing on the matter!

Auto-managment of Line weights needs much improvement if you ask me!
Isn't Revit a construction documentation package? Shouldn't building articulation be the first thing that is easily communicated in a set of drawings. I am an avid fan of Revit but I'm still yet to see a documentation set from Revit that reads beautifully, & easily communicates building form in 2D!

Accusations regarding poor quality or documentation, from those critics who treat drafting as a craft, are hard to ward off in the face of clunky looking standards that exist at the foundation of Revit. (I like Revit a lot but I won't pursue it forever if the push for improvement always remains so high)

It's a Love-Hate thing!

LMSmith
2006-07-13, 01:13 PM
Hi lachlanm,
Line work on links is currently something that we don't support. If you want to thicken the lines, you could simply draw over them with detail lines. Unfortunately, the detail lines won't update with changes to the link. We hear you about the need for more graphic override tools for links!
Lilli

Local Revit Guru
2006-07-14, 01:02 AM
Well I look forward to the development of the linked data being visually manipulable!
I would not have thought that it was much to allow that to work, but then I aint no programer!

Thanks