PDA

View Full Version : So what is new in Revit 9 - Couldn't find what I need from existing posts!

Local Revit Guru
2006-07-13, 04:42 AM
What's new in Revit 9 ???? Sorry I know some have been over this!

I've seen some threads with this discussion. One in particular had a suggested pathway to discover all the new things via Revit Help.
Well maybe because I'm down here in the Southern Hemisphere and AutoDeath shipped Revit without the same HELP as north of the Equator, but I couldn't find that particular list in HELP or Tutorials which supposedly has a description asscoicated with each new thang!

Infact I did find some out of date content with literally the words Revit 8.1 written there! Scarry!

Can someone please post a link or a directory where I can find this stuff in order to justify the existance of V9 to the rest of my office!

Firmso
2006-07-13, 04:49 AM
What's new in Revit 9 ???? Sorry I know some have been over this!

I've seen some threads with this discussion. One in particular had a suggested pathway to discover all the new things via Revit Help.
Well maybe because I'm down here in the Southern Hemisphere and AutoDeath shipped Revit without the same HELP as north of the Equator, but I couldn't find that particular list in HELP or Tutorials which supposedly has a description asscoicated with each new thang!

Infact I did find some out of date content with literally the words Revit 8.1 written there! Scarry!

Can someone please post a link or a directory where I can find this stuff in order to justify the existance of V9 to the rest of my office!

For one, it's the Filter feature under View > Visibility/Graphics...

Local Revit Guru
2006-07-13, 05:00 AM
Thanks but sorry! Please expand on that Firmso!
I know where that tab exists but how does that help me with the program features?

Firmso
2006-07-13, 05:06 AM
> What's new in Revit 9 ????

I was just simply responding to your inquiry.
"Filter" is new to Revit. It wasn't there when I was using V8.1

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-07-13, 05:11 AM
This is the promo material that came out with R9. Pretty much covers it.

HTH

Local Revit Guru
2006-07-13, 05:24 AM
Thanks! Unfortuantely I've seen that reasonably useless and somewhat badly layedout/ typeset doc! (seriously who put that together - shame) It's all gloss and no grit! Sorry I'm pretty negative about Autodesk's lack of documentaion with Revit. I think most software developers should take a leaf out of Adobe's book when it comes to Manuals. It's not as though they need to be printed copies!

I know that those things exist SOMEWHERE - but where. How do I access them. How do find descriptions of them how do I get a "how to" document! Some pointers to a step - by step based description would be nice let alone a list!

Firmso
2006-07-13, 05:26 AM
Or this
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=5107070

Or, maybe you could do some google searching.