PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Code question

Scott_Bloss
2006-07-13, 02:19 PM
I am in the process of integrating E-spec for Revit with our system and I am struggling a bit with this Uniformat II Assembly codes. Here is my example. I have a family that I build in Revit that is a timber frame structure. When I look at the assembly codes that are available in Revit, there is not a specific assembly code for a timber frame roof system that will tie to the E-spec system. I guess the root of the question is what is the format that uniformat uses to describe materials or assemblies beyond level 3 of the Uniformat system? Another instance I have an exterior wall system that is comprised of insulated concrete form system, concrete and a natural stone veneer. When I look at the uniformat number system it takes me out to level four which does not list the assembly I just described. The closest assembly code would be B2010110 Ext. Wall – CIP. Maybe I am expecting e-Spec to do more than it actually does. When I assign the B2010110 code to the wall and look in e-spec it shows that it is calling for 033000 cast-in-place concrete. I need to get more information out of the Revit model in order to get a more detailed specification selection. If anyone has any information on this it would be a great help.

Thanks

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-15, 09:09 AM
Scott,

It has been quite a few months since I touched this at all but I seem to recall that you need to create more depth inside E-Spec so it knows what to do or add to the object it relates to in Revit. I'd give the folks at E-Spec a ring.

Scott_Bloss
2006-07-17, 10:53 AM
Steve,

I did a bit more research and found that we need to break the families down a little bit further in order to assign more specific detail from the specification. It looks like it is going to work pretty well though.

Thanks for the help,