PDA

View Full Version : "Cleaned up" drawings SD submittal

ron.sanpedro
2006-07-13, 05:06 PM
Our Pilot project is spinning right along, we are getting close to a final SD submittal, and we have some minor graphic issues we are trying to figure out.

1: Ground plane line and poche in elevations and sections. We have existing topo in, and we have designed the building to minimize site work. The final sitework will be dealt with by the CE, and we will the rebuild the topo based on their work. In the meantime, we need to make the elevations look nice, basically with a fat line for the ground plane, a poche below, and the (E) topo turned off. I know there is an approach for creating hidden line foundations that involves creating a flat camera view and using a filled region. Is that the best approach here, or is there a simpler way? Can I use a filled region in a regular elevation view, or do I need to do it in a flat camera view? The same issue comes up somewhat in sections, where the current (E) topo isn't right, so we need it off, with just some 2D linework and poche applied over the top.

2: Grid bubble issues. Somehow our grid bubbles are a bit wonky. Some align with each other, some don't. This is especially a problem in Sections and Elevations. Is there some trick to getting everything to align in a particular view? Or is there some common mistake that causes them to not align automatically?

I suspect we will hit a few more bumps in the next few days, but this is what is hot right now. Anyone have some recomendations?

Thanks,
Gordon

aaronrumple
2006-07-13, 05:51 PM
Our Pilot project is spinning right along, we are getting close to a final SD submittal, and we have some minor graphic issues we are trying to figure out.

2: Grid bubble issues. Somehow our grid bubbles are a bit wonky. Some align with each other, some don't. This is especially a problem in Sections and Elevations. Is there some trick to getting everything to align in a particular view? Or is there some common mistake that causes them to not align automatically?

I suspect we will hit a few more bumps in the next few days, but this is what is hot right now. Anyone have some recomendations?

Thanks,
Gordon
Watch wich direction your grids and levels are drawn. If you draw one right-to-left and the next left-to-right, they won't lock to each other as they know where there start and ends are.

ron.sanpedro
2006-07-13, 06:16 PM
Watch wich direction your grids and levels are drawn. If you draw one right-to-left and the next left-to-right, they won't lock to each other as they know where there start and ends are.

Aaron,
thanks! I am sure that is it. One more example of "Just because it LOOKS the same doesn't mean it IS the same".
A second issue on the level bubbles, is there a way to turn off the level line in an elevation, but not the bubble? For SD elevations we really just want reference bubbles and a short line off to the side, not lines running thru the elevations.

Thanks,
Gordon

cliff collins
2006-07-13, 06:35 PM
Gordon,

- If you have civil's proposed grades in 3D polyline format, import and create a toposurface
from them. Then move up to correct elevation in model. In elevation or section trace the topo w/ Wide Model lines; turn off topo and your'e done. You can place a filled region below to give it a base.

-Try using a Scope Box to control grids and levels' locations--this works well.

-You can grip edit/drag the level lines ends so they don't go all the way through the elevation. Look at the 2d/3d toggle and the lock/unlock button here. You can move all at once or individually.

cheers.....