PDA

View Full Version : symbols and leaders

swatts
2006-07-13, 06:37 PM
I'm trying to make some symbols for our company use. I started with the weld symbol that comes with R3 and edited the textstyle and a few other things. But...the leader now is floating away from the symbol, not attached to it. I didn't move anything that I know of. How is a leader defined in a symbol like this (or in, say a column mark)? I don't see any leader definition to move or edit.

Another question: when creating symbols is it not possible to have lineweights? when I choose the line command I can't choose any linetype and therefore all lines are very thin.

Elmo
2006-07-14, 10:16 AM
As for the leader problem I'm not sure what could be wrong. As for your linewieghts have you tried editing it under Object Styles? You can also crete new line styles with different linewieghts there.

Mr Spot
2006-07-14, 10:47 PM
1. The leader start position is defined by the extents of the family in this case. Revit just creates an imaginery box around the family which it then begins the leaders from. If it offsetting too far from the text you must have a line or something enlarge this box somehow...

2. Lineweights and linestyles in families can be added in your object styles settings.

HTH.