PDA

View Full Version : Propagate extents, scope boxes and sheets, oh my!

ron.sanpedro
2006-07-13, 07:23 PM
So with a ton of views, a ton of grids, and a ton of sheets, we find we don't like the way things are fitting. I can go into one view and tweak the grids till they work, then tweak the scope box, then add the view back into a sheet, and that sheet is right. So how do I fix everything else?
If I select all the grids in my one good level and Propagate Extents I
1: don't get a complete list of views. If I copy a view, do I need to do something to make it available in this list?
2: the grids don't seem to update in the views that are in the list. Am I just not understanding Propagate Extents?
3: the scope box doesn't update either. Is there some way to match the scope box on a number of different views?
4: Once the scope box is right, the title on the sheet is still wrong. I can delete the view from the sheet and add it back, and it will be right, but it would be nice if I could just get the title to update based on the revised scope box.

Any chance I am just ignorant, or is this a long manual process and next time we need to get it right before we start building tons of views and sheets?

Thanks,
Gordon

sbrown
2006-07-13, 09:30 PM
If the grids are added to the scope box, them moving the scope box moves the grids or levels. Are your grids associated with the scope box(note NOT crop region). If you want to reassociate with the crop region, select all your grids in a view, then right click on the middle grid and chose reset to crop.

ron.sanpedro
2006-07-13, 10:18 PM
If the grids are added to the scope box, them moving the scope box moves the grids or levels. Are your grids associated with the scope box(note NOT crop region). If you want to reassociate with the crop region, select all your grids in a view, then right click on the middle grid and chose reset to crop.

I think part of our problem is not fully differentiating Crop Regions and Scope Boxes. Further confusion...

1: Dimensions. How do you get dimensions to propegate thru multiple levels automatically, and to associate with a Scope Box? Or is this more misunderstanding of Scope Box?
2: If you adjust a scope box, can you get the Drawing Label to automatically resize? I can eyeball, but my preference is to set it to something rational. I can also delete and place the view again, but...
3: Can you somehow adjust the amount of offset between scope box and grid? The gap by default seems huge. I can eyeball the grids in and they then adjust the Scope Box, but I would like both a non eyeballed setting and that as a default setting.
4: Can the scope box be set to a specific distance off the model?

All of this has the same theme, I don't like eyeballing things. Maybe Revit requires eyeballing while AutoCAD really caused grief when you eyeballed, but I am hoping that isn't the case. I am hoping eyeballing can be avoided in Revit as well.

Thanks!

Gordon

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-15, 05:10 AM
I posted a scope box tutorial a couple years ago HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=11935&highlight=scope). When you adjust the grids relative to a scope box it is assigned to, adjusting the scope box later will maintain that offset.

ron.sanpedro
2006-07-15, 08:13 PM
I posted a scope box tutorial a couple years ago HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=11935&highlight=scope). When you adjust the grids relative to a scope box it is assigned to, adjusting the scope box later will maintain that offset.

Thanks! I have to say our pilot team has gone from grumbling a bit yesterday to very happy today, mostly because we are suddenly learning very fast. I suspect we will have moved up a rung on the Revit User Ladder by Monday.
I just wish I could search the entire forum for every post with a PDF attachment! 90% would be generally useful stuff, and 10% would be tutorials, how to and what not, in other words, gold!

Best,
Gordon