PDA

View Full Version : new stucco on existing block

Cleo
2006-07-13, 09:19 PM
We do a lot of remodel work. Anyone figure out how to put a new material on an old wall? I know how to add the stucco, just not how to phase that layer differently than the rest.

thx

Scott D Davis
2006-07-13, 09:21 PM
best to make a new wall type that is just stucco, and apply it as New Const adjacent to your (E) CMU wall. Join geometry between the two will allow doors and windows to cut.

Andre Baros
2006-07-13, 09:56 PM
Like Scott said... and if you're removing an old finish first, don't make it part of the CMU wall make it it's own wall which is just finish and which you demo off.

PS before you demo the old wall finish, copy it to the clipboard, then demo it, then go to your new phase and past it in aligned and change the type to your new finish. When you past it, it's created on your new phase.

Firmso
2006-07-14, 12:49 AM
best to make a new wall type that is just stucco, and apply it as New Const adjacent to your (E) CMU wall. Join geometry between the two will allow doors and windows to cut.

What I would do is create a new material and call it "new stucco finish" and assign that to the existing wall ( This will show up on the interior finished schedule). Now if the wall has totally diifferent finishes on each side then I would create the wall Scott Davis suggested for the one side only.
At least that's how I would do it.