PDA

View Full Version : Casework elevations in legend

crispin.schurr
2006-07-14, 12:09 AM
I can't seem to get elevations of my casework families into a legend - is this normal, and if so why?

Legends are proving very useful for our doors, windows and structural components.

How do others prepare drawings of joinery components - by making casework a "Generic" family, or by placing elevations of each item and controlling the visibility of the remaining joinery with visibility graphics?

C

Firmso
2006-07-14, 01:05 AM
I can't seem to get elevations of my casework families into a legend - is this normal, and if so why?

Legends are proving very useful for our doors, windows and structural components.

How do others prepare drawings of joinery components - by making casework a "Generic" family, or by placing elevations of each item and controlling the visibility of the remaining joinery with visibility graphics?C

I just duplicated your situation and I was able to import individual case work element into my legend complete with side elevations.
I don't know about putting in arranged design elevations directly from your interior views. Maybe that is not possible.
BTW, when you place your casework, go to options bar. You might see something there.

crispin.schurr
2006-07-14, 01:42 AM
Thanx for that - am doing more investigations - my casework is floor based, so this may be an issue.

C

crispin.schurr
2006-07-14, 01:47 AM
Yep - that's the problem.
Now - how to change my casework families from floor based to generic models floating in 3 space . . . cut & paste??

Firmso
2006-07-14, 03:45 AM
Yep - that's the problem.
Now - how to change my casework families from floor based to generic models floating in 3 space . . . cut & paste??

You'll probably have to create a seperate family using Generic Model.rft and load that into your project.
Seems this is soo much work...may I ask what it is you are trying to achieve with this legend?

crispin.schurr
2006-07-14, 04:23 AM
Cut and paste works OK.
Seems rather bizarre that floor based casework families won't elevate in legends - I'm sure we've managed to elevate floor based structural components before.

We are preparing a component drawing that describes and dimensions the plans, sections, elevations of each of the casework units in a project.

As I mentioned earlier - we are finding the use of legends fantastic for detailed elevations of our parametric components. Can easily dimension / annotate, and with a complementary schedule to describe their location and frequency, it creates good looking component drawings.

Thanx again for your help.

C