PDA

View Full Version : demo part of a roof

Cleo
2006-07-14, 12:58 AM
I need to cut off an overhang but have it show up as "demo" in the demo view...advice?
thx

Firmso
2006-07-14, 01:16 AM
I need to cut off an overhang but have it show up as "demo" in the demo view...advice?
thx

Copy to clipboard your roof and paste align it, then edit both. Change property on one of them to "Demo".
Hope this helps.

Cleo
2006-07-14, 04:23 AM
Thanks - worked perfectly!

Scott D Davis
2006-07-14, 05:45 AM
another way: create an in-place family void in the roof catagory in the demo phase. Cut geometry between the demo void and the existing roof will cause the piece the void cuts to be demo'd.

cr_gixxer
2011-07-27, 10:29 PM
another way: create an in-place family void in the roof catagory in the demo phase. Cut geometry between the demo void and the existing roof will cause the piece the void cuts to be demo'd.

Could you elaborate further?

here is what I'm trying, tell me where I'm going wrong.
-model in place component
-select roof family category
-name it
-void extrusion
-draw perimeter. (ensure level is correct and height is good)

...then I get an error that the void form of this family does not cut anything and will be deleted

d.stairmand
2011-07-28, 07:11 AM
You have to have an Existing Roof
Model the Void Up & then while still in the Void Object, Choose "Cut"on the Modify Tab
Cut the Void out of the Roof & it will disappear

Mike Sealander
2011-07-29, 12:32 AM
After your draw the perimeter (when you've clicked the big cartoon check symbol once) but before you exit the In-Place Family command sequence, switch to a 3d view and make sure your newly created Roof Void Extrusion actually intersects your existing roof. You can drag the face arrows to make them intersect. That's when you use the Cut command to select the void and then your existing roof. Then, exit the In Place Family creation sequence. It's when you exit the creation sequence without actually performing the Cut command that you get the error.