PDA

View Full Version : Metric elevation bubble in Imperial model?

ron.sanpedro
2006-07-16, 03:16 AM
Is there any way to do this? That box is just causing people fits. For the most part we are letting go of our old AutoCAD based graphic conventions for the Revit pilot project, but I would sure like to be able to use the round elevation bubble. I have played with doing everything as Interior Elevations, but that is contrary to my philosphy of not doing kludgy things for graphic conventions. Plus I like that Revit sorts the different elevations seperately.

Crossed fingers.

Gordon

LRaiz
2006-07-16, 03:49 AM
Have you discovered Settings | View Tags | Elevation Tags...? If you did then your question is not clear.

ron.sanpedro
2006-07-16, 05:37 AM
Have you discovered Settings | View Tags | Elevation Tags...? If you did then your question is not clear.
Indeed I didn't know that trick. Thank you. I think I have actually read about 50% of the manual, and fully understood maybe half of that. Progress comes slowly.
With a little fiddling I got it showing the elevation name centered and with the right size text. My Project Architect will be thrilled on Monday.
So I will ask another wuestion that came up today as we hammered on our first major deadline. Is there any way to change the text size of a Level datum? I can change the size of the datum symbol, but not the text.

Thanks again,
Gordon

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-07-16, 06:39 AM
Select the level datum and under the type parameters in the property dialogue, find out what family is used for the level datum (M_Level Head - Circle.rfa is the default in the metric template) Go the library and find that family in the annotations folder. You can edit the text size from there.

LRaiz
2006-07-16, 12:30 PM
Instead of looking for level head family in a library you can also find it in your browser under Families | Annotation Symbols and start modifications by pressing Edit in right click menu.

ron.sanpedro
2006-07-16, 03:01 PM
Instead of looking for level head family in a library you can also find it in your browser under Families | Annotation Symbols and start modifications by pressing Edit in right click menu.

Thanks guys. I actually managed to dig it up myself late last night. I think the deal is I have to be really exhausted, then the part of my brain that knows Autocadese really well shuts down, and I have a better chance of learning Revitish. I am begining to get my head around the Revit way of doing things.

Best,
Gordon