PDA

View Full Version : can't get a beam to show up

Cleo
2006-07-17, 05:12 PM
I put in a beam and need it to show up as a physical element with dimensions - not just a line. In the plan view I get an error message (you know the one...the object you created isn't visible in this view etc. etc.). I finally found the beam in the section but it is just a line...any thoughts?
thanks

DanielleAnderson
2006-07-17, 05:30 PM
I put in a beam and need it to show up as a physical element with dimensions - not just a line. In the plan view I get an error message (you know the one...the object you created isn't visible in this view etc. etc.). I finally found the beam in the section but it is just a line...any thoughts?
thanks

If you change your level of detail from coarse to medium or fine, you will see the actual beam in section, instead of just the line.

Cleo
2006-07-17, 05:57 PM
If you change your level of detail from coarse to medium or fine, you will see the actual beam in section, instead of just the line.

tried that...any one else have other ideas?
thanks

dhurtubise
2006-07-17, 07:07 PM
Danielle is right, you need to change the level of detail + check the view range. Structural elements are acting differently then usual building ones.

Steven Campbell
2006-07-17, 08:11 PM
Apply the view template "Structural Framing Plan" then change the level of detail to Medium.

twiceroadsfool
2006-07-17, 09:29 PM
Im not sure what its intended use is, but ive found that in the beam properties, if you set the Analytical Projection Plane (near the bottom) to the ground plane, it wont actually move the beam at all, but it will make it show up in Flr Plans. By default, ours are set there... Thats why i found this, i move it to a different level to get it to not show up in the floor plans, lol...

Adam Mac
2006-07-17, 10:33 PM
"....if you set the Analytical Projection Plane (near the bottom) to the ground plane, ...."

nice tip twiceroadsfool - i'll try that myself. I agree also that your view range will be the culprit. (...for what it's worth...!)