PDA

View Full Version : Area Boundary

boofredlay
2006-07-17, 09:01 PM
I am doing an area plan and want to have 2 separate parts of a building show with the same color and the area added together. Therefore showing up as only one "entity" on the legend.
Is there a way to do this?
I hope I was clear.

Thanks.

Eric

sleimgruber06
2006-07-17, 10:01 PM
So basically you have two areas but you want to show them as one mass with one total area correct?

dfriesen
2006-07-17, 10:28 PM
I am doing an area plan and want to have 2 separate parts of a building show with the same color and the area added together. Therefore showing up as only one "entity" on the legend.
Is there a way to do this?I believe the closest you could get would be to give them a specific area type, and then do a subtotal in the schedule - I don' t see how you could get them to show up as a one line total.

(Off topic - I like your trumpet sketch. Did you do it?)

boofredlay
2006-07-17, 10:29 PM
Kind of.

I want two separate areas, other ends of the building, to be the same color and add up in the same area calc. in the legend.

jbalding48677
2006-07-17, 10:35 PM
You just need to calculate and show color by the same parameter. I.e. if you color by department and the departments are the same they will color the same. Additionally, when you schedule them, group by department and they will calculate in the same group. You can turn off the "itemize all instances" and get a total if that is what you want.

HTH -

- JB

boofredlay
2006-07-18, 12:50 PM
Thanks Jim, I will try it this morning.

Daniel, I did not do the sketch. However I did reproduce it for the front license plate of my truck for several years.