PDA

View Full Version : Fascia along curved roof edge

weston
2006-07-17, 10:56 PM
I am trying to create a fascia along the roof shown. The roof was created using a series of arcs in the form of an elipse imported from a CAD file. Revit will not let me create an in place sweep for even on of the arcs. It will let me create it when the roof is flat.

Firmso
2006-07-17, 11:06 PM
I am trying to create a fascia along the roof shown. The roof was created using a series of arcs in the form of an elipse imported from a CAD file. Revit will not let me create an in place sweep for even on of the arcs. It will let me create it when the roof is flat.

I can't find the image but I am thinking this a arched roof not a curved roof edge (?).

weston
2006-07-18, 02:40 PM
Sorry, here is the image.

dhurtubise
2006-07-18, 03:01 PM
Can you post the file so we can give it a shot ?

work for idle hands
2006-07-18, 03:59 PM
absolutely if anyone wants to play around with this roof form they are welcome to.

for simplicity this is the roof alone as it appears and was created in the base model. i threw in the fascia profile we were trying to create as well but the problem wasn't specifically with this profile because in addition to host sweeps we tried generic shapes generated from line profile sweeps as well along the roof's edge. That didn't work either

We are also open to alternate ways of creating this roof since creating a flat roof and adding a slope arrow apparently only generates perpendicular to the ground edges (??!!) which is annoying. thanks.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-07-18, 04:12 PM
Had a quick try (before you uploaded the file) with a true ellipse and didn't have any issues, flat or sloped. Tried with arcs simulating an ellipse and it won't do it unless it's flat.

What's the profile for the fascia? If it's a simple rectangle you can create it using another roof. Select the main roof, copy/paste same place. Edit the roof and offset the sketch line the thickness of the fascia. Create a new roof type that has a thickness the depth of the fascia.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-07-18, 04:34 PM
Try a mass and then creating the roof by face. You should then be able to apply the fascia. Not sure why it won't work the other way though:?