PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD 2006 - Add a few buttons to the Standard toolbar

russtheall117216
2006-07-18, 02:49 PM
Hi - i'm new here but i have 10+ years of experience with AutoCAD... i learned on release 12, and have used 12, 14, 2000i, 2004 LT, and 2006. I an running 06 now and i'm trying to ADD a few buttons to the existing Standard toolbar.. i always add an add'l save button and plot button as well as an extra match properties button.. well - in rel. 2000 and older you could right click and customize and drag a add'l button up.. for whatever reason they've changed that feature.. and i'm at a loss as to how to add a button to an existing toolbar.

thanks in advance
-Russ

Opie
2006-07-18, 03:01 PM
You will need to use the CUI editor. This thread "CUI and workspace videos from Autodesk" has some additional links that may help you.

Rico
2006-07-18, 05:31 PM
Hi - i'm new here but i have 10+ years of experience with AutoCAD... i learned on release 12, and have used 12, 14, 2000i, 2004 LT, and 2006. I an running 06 now and i'm trying to ADD a few buttons to the existing Standard toolbar.. i always add an add'l save button and plot button as well as an extra match properties button.. well - in rel. 2000 and older you could right click and customize and drag a add'l button up.. for whatever reason they've changed that feature.. and i'm at a loss as to how to add a button to an existing toolbar.

thanks in advance
-Russ
Don't swear off the CU Interface just yet. All the guys who grew up with the old drag and drop button method here were pretty frustrated with the new CUI way of doing things. But give it a shot and you'll be OK in no time.

On top of Opie's advice, look this up in your Help menu ...

CUI (customization) files, migration of older file structures to

You'll get the hang of it.

BrenBren
2006-07-18, 05:59 PM
Also, check out the CUI Forum (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209), loads of info in there

Mike.Perry
2006-07-18, 06:42 PM
Hi Russ

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Customization (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118) forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

russtheall117216
2006-07-18, 07:08 PM
thanks for the help - great site/forums guys - i'm glad to be a part of them.

i havent yet had time to review this forum or the link to the vids - but i appreciate the info