PDA

View Full Version : Joists not adjusting when edited

blumarble
2006-07-18, 04:23 PM
Is this an error in the program? My joists don't seem to be adjusting when I edit them.
I'm attaching a plan view with joist areas highlighted and the noted section view. I first drew the joists on the left hand side of the plan bearing on the wrong wall. So I edited the area and moved the bounding line. But in section they are still bearing on the wrong wall.
Any ideas?

Graham Briggs
2006-07-18, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure which joist family you are using, but if it is a recent one (since Revit 8, I think), check the Start and End Extensions, under the Construction part of the Joist/Beam properties dialog. If one of these extensions is large, that may be the problem.

Hope this helps...

G

blumarble
2006-07-18, 05:11 PM
I couldn't find the "Start and End Extensions" setting you mentioned anywhere -- either in the structural beam system or structural framing (LH series bar-joist) properties dialogs. But in the searching, I noticed an option on the design bar in editing mode: "Reset Structural Beam System" (see attached). Clicking on this after resetting the system boundaries did the trick. Why it wouldn't do this automatically when finishing the sketch-edit, I don't know...

Graham Briggs
2006-07-18, 05:15 PM
Glad you worked it out!

The Start and End Extensions apply to individual "beams"... In a Beam System, you would have to pre-highlight each member and go to its properties to see those values.

G