PDA

View Full Version : Stair problem

homes
2006-07-18, 08:23 PM
Hello all.

I have a stair issue. I think I might be missing a setting or something, but I'll see what you all think. I am working on a residential plan and when I go and draw my stairs, I pick the beginning and end points of the run, but Revit places the beginning of my stair "set back" into the framing of the floor. It draws the stringer in the right place, but the first riser is 1 1/2" back. What am I missing?

I've attached a few images to show what I am talking about.

Finally, is there a way to add a nosing to the top of the first riser? I have also mentioned this in another persons post, and it is suggested to add a floor edge sweep, which I can live with, but if there is a better way, please speak.

patricks
2006-07-18, 08:48 PM
In Revit the tread depth is always measured horizontally from tread nose to tread nose. Because of the tread nosing profile that extends past the riser, the top rise will be inside the floor just like all the rest of the risers are set back from the edge of the tread nosing.

dhurtubise
2006-07-18, 09:14 PM
Here something that might help you understand stair.

homes
2006-07-19, 10:13 PM
Thanks Daniel. I love the stair info. I figured what I wanted to do was not going to happen.

I ended up just drawing the stair without stringers. Then I moved it forward 1 1/2" and added a floor edge sweep I created to replicate the tread nosing. When you cut it in section, it shows exactly what I wanted. Problem is that when I move the stair forward, it now shows two lines on the floor plan - one indicating the stair nosing at the top riser - one indicating the edge of floor. Is there a way to stop the edge of floor showing there?

dhurtubise
2006-07-19, 10:22 PM
Did you try the linework tool ?

homes
2006-07-19, 10:37 PM
Daniel, you rock! That did the trick. Thanks for the quick response!

dhurtubise
2006-07-19, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the compliment, just note it on my reputation :-)
Keep on reviting