PDA

View Full Version : Room Height in Room Tag?

neb1998
2006-07-18, 10:12 PM
Is there anyway to tag the room height in plan? I can tag a ceiling of course but i cant find a way to tag the actual room height...

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-18, 10:40 PM
Not that I'm aware of. The unbounded height of a room object is derived from two parameters, Upper Limit and Limit Offset. Since it is a calculated value a tag can't acquire the value unless the factory builds it in (like Area), which, it appears hasn't been done yet.

neb1998
2006-07-18, 10:43 PM
Another problem i have found steve,

Appears that ceilings are not true room bounding elements...If you set a room with a ceiling height of 8'-0" and change the room height variable from 10'-0" to 20'-0" the volume of the room increases in schedule...shouldnt it ignore the room height increase and go with the ceiling height regardless of room height?

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-18, 11:00 PM
That's not what I find. Is calculating room volume turned on? I suppose it is...eh? If the Room upper limit is higher than the ceiling it is supposed to calculate to the underside of the ceiling. Just guessing but did you create the ceiling with a sketch? If the sketch misses a room bounding object it will fail to observe the ceiling properly.

neb1998
2006-07-18, 11:17 PM
no its just a basic ceiling assembly.....2x2 grid......the upper limit is associated floor level, the limit offset at 8'-0"

Each time i change the actual room height (not ceiling) the volume changes up or down as the change is made......

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-19, 05:24 AM
Then something is amiss with the ceiling and the room bounding objects surrounding it. Submit it to Revit Support so they can take a look to see if there is an issue to resolve.

abarrette
2007-09-11, 06:09 PM
I know it's an older post but....

Set the upper limit to the level above and your limit offset to 0'-0". By setting your upper limit to the host level your are superceding the volume calculation to be forced by your override (the limit offset). If you have no override and have it set to the level above it should work fine.

EDIT - This unfortunately means you can't use the limit offset for your room schedule ceiling height.