2006-07-19, 12:42 AM
Just wondering if there is a tool in Revit which makes it possible to join
walls to a sloped Toposurface?

Firmso
2006-07-19, 12:50 AM
Just wondering if there is a tool in Revit which makes it possible to join
walls to a sloped Toposurface?
No.
Revit will not let you join wall element to site element.

ejburrell67787
2006-07-19, 08:02 AM
Nothing to stop them passing through the topo though, or using a pad below the wall to excavate a hole / trench in the topo.

If you want the bottom of the wall to appear close to the slope of the topo (although unlikely in reality?) you could draw a reference plane in section that is just below the topo (or even exactly on the topo if it has a consistent slope) and attach the bottom of the wall to the reference plane.

snurresprett9
2006-07-19, 12:32 PM
In what real-life scenario is a wall attached to the toposurface?

patricks
2006-07-19, 01:13 PM
If you're wanting an actual line on the toposurface that runs along where the wall goes through the toposurface (which I think that's probably what you're after) then yes, use a pad with its boundary being the faces of the walls. Then it will be more like actual construction.

I'm guessing you have something like this:

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17795

And you want it to be like this:

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17796

I got the line to appear by using a pad aligned to the outside faces of the walls.

narlee
2006-07-19, 01:41 PM
Or you can remove the topo from the footprint occupied by the building.

patricks
2006-07-19, 08:52 PM
Or you can remove the topo from the footprint occupied by the building.

Still won't give you an actual line or edge where the topo meets the building, because you can do a true vertical surface with the toposurface along. You have to use a pad to cut into the surface to get vertical portions that align with the faces of the walls to get that line where the two meet.

ejburrell67787
2006-07-20, 09:09 AM
Still won't give you an actual line or edge where the topo meets the building, because you can do a true vertical surface with the toposurface along. You have to use a pad to cut into the surface to get vertical portions that align with the faces of the walls to get that line where the two meet.It will do. If you cut out the footprint of the building (or wall or whatever) from the topo then you will get an edge line just as you showed above with the pad. Of course cutting a section out of the topo is a bit final whereas a pad is parametric and the topo still exists where the pad is!

patricks
2006-07-20, 01:24 PM
I thought he meant remove the toposurface contour points from within the building, which of course would not give the desired result.